1981 Mercedes 240D
I am the second owner of this beautiful 1981 Mercedes-Benz W123 240D, all matching numbers car. The car was purchased in 1981 at Norman Scott, Inc in Houston, TX just before the couple moved to Fountain Hill, AZ. I have had the car since 2015. The car has been garaged and covered throughout the time, hence the flawless oringal dashboard.
The car currently has 207,000 mi on the odometer and is in very good condition in all aspects.
A number of extras will come with the car at the time of sale, such as the original window sticker, all books, and instruction tags that came on the car at time of delivery, dealer license plate frame and the trunk sticker that salesman signed when the car was delivered. To see a gallery of the factory documentation that you will receive with the car click here.
If you are interested in purchasing this vehicle please carefully review this page for a very thorough look at the car and its history. This is a private sale. The Camelback Motor Show is not a car dealer or sales outlet for vehicles other than my own and to primarily promote a great bi-annual car show.
WARM START & IDLE
TAILPIPE EMISSIONS UNDER LOAD
The following details are intended to be as thorough and accurate as possible. Please feel free to send an email with any questions you may have and I will do my best to provide an answer.
FOR QUESTIONS EMAIL: email@example.com
ITEMS THAT NEED ATTENTION
The following items are in need of attention:
• Vacuum to all cabin accessories, door locks, trunk, fuel filler door, climate control. (All drivetrain vacuum has been renewed and is in excellent working order).
• Heater Core is leaking and has been disconnected from water supply.
• Glovebox door latch failing and is hard to re-latch after opening.
• Original Radio is in place but not hooked up ( I do not know it works but is the original radio fitted at the factory). Rewiring was done by original owner for a more modern radio unit.
• Climate control heater knobs should not be turned until the heater box is removed and lubricated. Dials are very hard to turn and could brake if turned)
• Various dings on all parts of the car (see photos)
•It appears the car was in a front end accident at some point many years ago. Due to this, the front fenders and hood however are slightly lighter than the remaining oringal factory paint. The passenger fender also rides slightly higher than the hood seam.
• Windshield washer reservoir pump does not work.
• "New" refurbished cruise control module does not hold speed and according to a tech needs to be bench tested again for cause of fault. Also have original factory module.
• Original rear CV boots are dry rotting and cracked and need replacing. Car will come with no longer available Mercedes-Benz complete axles and spline adapters.
• Interior door trim has wrinkled from the high temps in AZ, a not so uncommon problem for these cars. (see Photos)
• Small star chip on lower corner of windshield on passenger side. (Windshield was replaced approx. 12 month ago. Have new windshield gasket that will come with car.
• 1in. slit in MB-Tex on side of driver seat (See photo)
• Driver side under dash cover, missing left hand retainer clip
• When cold, transmission flairs between 2nd and 3rd. Once the car has been driven 5+ miles the transmission functions to spec.
The following items will come with the car at the time of sale. Some of these items are new that have not yet been installed, others are from a parts car for install, and others are accessories specifically for this car. All items are marked accordingly below as follows: NP - New Parts, UP - Used Parts, A - Accessories (These parts were made for the car and have been used for the car over the past several years).
• Mercedes-Benz Water Pump (NP)
• Mercedes-Benz Tail Light assembly X2 (NP)
• Mercedes-Benz Compete Rear Axle kits (X2) w/ required conversion upgrade.
• Custom Sunbrella car cover (A)
• Custom interior windshield sun shade (A)
• Mercedes-Benz glow plugs X4 (NP)
• Mercedes-Benz transmission vacuum module (NP) This part is no longer available and is out of stock with MB.
• Mercedes-Benz wiper blades X2 (NP)
• Mercedes-Benz cruise control module (original)
• 4Seasons upper insulated A/C suction hose (NP)
• Mercedes-Benz front passenger and driver side interior footwell panels. Need to be recolored to match interior. (UP)
• Mercedes-Benz armrest. This parts was not orignally fitted to this car and was added later. The part was recolored to match interior and needs to be resprayed for identical match. This part is leather with the interior is MB-Tex. (UP)
•Hella Euro Headlights w/glass lenses. Installed when I purchased car for better night driving. Factory light units will be included with the car excluding original plastic surrounds which were destroyed from the AZ sun and heat.
• Original Mercedes-Benz medical kit in very good condition.
• BlueChem common rail diesel cleaner (X5 300mL bottles)
NEW & SERVICED ITEMS
Please click the PDF icon below to see list of all serviced items during my ownership.
FOR QUESTIONS EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org